On the 28th of October 2008, a new regional portal (without commercial advertising) opened which informs the readers about the city and region of Karlsruhe.
This portal has been online since 2004 in the German language, now French and English were added.
What is special about this city wiki?
The city wiki (German: Stadtwiki) is a component of the so called “Participants Internet”. And now you can add your contents and questions regarding the city and region of Karlsruhe. There is no editorial team, but there are rules to follow which have developed over the last four years.
There are already 316 articles in the Stadtwiki Karlsruhe and the number is growing.
Region of Karlsruhe
Information about accommodation
Information about eating and drinking
Information about agencies
Who is responsible for what?
Information about service providers
Where can I find an English speaking
Information about shopping
- I am homesick, where can I find specialities from my country?
- I am looking for Karlsruhe specialities and souvenirs, where can I find these?
Information about the infrastructure
- Where is the Herrenstraße?
- Which tram station can I find there?
- Where can I find a car park?
- Where can I rent a car, motorcycle or bicycle?
- Things, that are somewhat different:
Information about recreational activities
- What can I do here?
- I would like to explore the city:
- city sightseeing tours
- virtual city sightseeing tours (in the Stadtwiki)
- Information about cultural topics
- architecture in Karlsruhe
- museums in Karlsruhe
- My stay will be an extended one, where I can I take a day trip to?
- travel with the train in the morning, back in the evening, and to where?
- (Alternatively 50 km with an automobile)
- see also Portal:Tourism
- Consulates and Embassies.
- Church services (in English).
- City Partnerships in the English language region including clubs and associations.
- English and American institutions.
- former U.S. Military Installations (and references pertaining to subsequent use of these installations).
Other Portals in English
Some useful links maybe:
- by topic
- Accommodation, Art & Culture, Expatriates, Public transport, Shopping, Sports, Students, Transport, Tourism
- by country
- Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States