From Stadtwiki Karlsruhe
(Redirected from Prinz Max Palace)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Prinz-Max-Palais (English: Prinz Max Palace) is a former mansion house in Karlsruhe.


It was planed and build for August Schmieder by Josef Durm 1881 to 1884.

From 1900 Prinz Max, prince of Baden and Imperial Chancellor of Germany , was living here until 1918.

During World War II the building was heavily damaged.

From 1951 until 1969 the Bundesverfassungsgericht was located here.

Since 1981 it is a cultural centre with

and a café called Max, Cafe, Bar.


Karlstraße 10 (Innenstadt-West)
76124 Karlsruhe
(H)  next stop: Europaplatz    

External links