Stadtwiki talk:Community Portal
Some of the questions of the main page could be answered with portals. If think of a starting set of the following portals. Feel free to add more. But not too many, as we can add them later, too. --Wilhelm Bühler 19:29, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
- Portal:City Life (for the city of Karlsruhe, and Portal:Ettlingen,... for other towns)
- Portal:New To Karlsruhe (for the city of Karlsruhe, and Portal:New To Ettlingen,... for other towns)
- Portal:Tourism (hotels, day trips)
- Portal:US installations (former ...)
- Portal:United States, Portal:United Kingdom, Portal:Canada, Portal:Australia, Portal:India, Portal:Ireland, Portal:New Zealand … (in Relation to the Region of Karlsruhe, twin towns, clubs, shops, restaurants, pubs, …)
- ASV Durlach
- BG Karlsruhe
- Federal Constitutional Court of Germany
- Federal Court of Justice of Germany
- Forschungsreaktor 2 (FR2)
- Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe
- Institute for Transuranium Elements
- Karlsruhe Congress
- Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Karlsruhe Palace
- Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences
- Karlsruher FV
- Karlsruher SC
- FC Südstadt Karlsruhe
- Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog
- Staatliche Hochschule für Gestaltung
- Stadtbahn Karlsruhe
- University of Karlsruhe (TH)
Obvious fake user accounts
As is quite obvious from looking at Special:RecentChanges, there seems to be some kind of spambot which does nothing but create a fake user account every few hours. What the heck is that about? I mean, those accounts don't even appear to do anything. Is there somebody waiting to take over the wiki with an army of sock puppets or what?
-- Svenman 07:44, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- They're not obvious fake users. Do you see a matching pattern for a black list?
- But most of them are SPAM bots. There are many more requests for this kind of users, but we have a working black list.
- You do not see the SPAM because of another black list. -- Wilhelm Bühler 08:04, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, now I see. I guess those spambot-directed fake users are prevented from creating their usual spam pages by the spam protection scheme that also forces me to use a template for entering a weblink instead of the standard MediaWiki method, right? That would explain a lot.
- As for the pattern, it is obvious that the user names generally follow the form of "FirstnameLastname", randomly generated and sometimes with one or two middle names thrown in. Of course, that is not enough to reliably detect any particular new user account as spambot-generated, I just meant that on the whole they form an obvious pattern when seen together.
- -- Svenman 11:05, 4 June 2011 (UTC)